Privacy & Confidentiality
As Blue Jean Condominium Management and Blue Jean Property Management (collectively referred to as “Blue Jean”) are licensed brokerages with RECA, we require our employees to comply with our brokerage policies regarding employment.
Privacy and Confidentiality
At Blue Jean we are committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of our client’s information. This Privacy and Confidentiality Policy describes the personal and confidential information that Blue Jean collects from our clients (both corporately and personally) and how we use and to whom we disclose that information.
Why We Have a Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
Blue Jean believes in building and preserving relationships with our past, present and future clients. These relationships are built on trust, respect and serving their needs. Establishing that trust and respect in this relationship is done by telling our clients what information we require from them, how this information will be handled and used, and how this information will be kept safe. We know that personal and confidential information is a valued asset, and we want to ensure we treat it carefully.
Personal and confidential information is also governed by certain provincial, federal, and international legislation that we, at Blue Jean, comply with. In every case, we process personal and confidential information in accordance with the standards required by provincial and federal privacy and data protection laws.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual other than the person’s business title or business contact information when used or disclosed for the purpose of business communications. It includes addresses, phone numbers, email, employers, age, physical traits, ID numbers, finances, marital status, health, family, ethnic origin, religion, sexual preferences, memberships, education, history and occupation. Personal information is a broad concept.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal and financial information from individuals who are owners and tenants within the condominium corporations that we manage. Information may be provided to us through various means, including oral, written, and electronic communications. This includes interaction through our customer service software.
The personal information we collect may include:
- contact and identification information, such as your name, addresses, telephone number, email address, vehicle information, and tenant information;
- property information such as a legal description, zoning designation, square footage, taxes, age, building condition, pictures or video of the property, sale price, past history, structural, heating, plumbing, electrical and mechanical;
- financial information such as a void cheque, or banking information that will be used to pay condominium fees and special levies;
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
Blue Jean collects personal information to enable us to manage, maintain, and assist the board of directors in the day to day management of the condominium corporation’s operation, including:
- collecting fees from the owners to cover the approved annual budget;
- issuing bylaw infractions for non-compliance with the bylaws
How Do We Use and Disclose Personal or Confidential Information?
We use and disclose personal and confidential information:
- for any additional purposes for which we have obtained consent to use or disclose personal information;
Further, personal or confidential information may be used or disclosed:
- as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- to comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders
- to protect the rights and property of Blue Jean;
- to take precautions against liability;
- during emergencies or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- where the personal information is publicly available;
- to respond to claims that information violated the rights and interests of third parties;
- with the client’s consent or as otherwise required or authorized by law. We will only use or disclose personal and confidential information without consent where we are permitted or required by regulatory law.
Confidentiality obligation is ongoing
The requirement to keep a client’s information confidential is ongoing. We will still protect and keep our former client’s information confidential when a service agreement ends.